How to Upgrade Your Regular Straight Talk Prepaid Cell Phone
Want to upgrade your existing Straight Talk Prepaid “dumb” cell phone to one of their new Nokia smartphones (E71 or 6790)? If so, read on because you will save yourself some heartache and a little bit of cash by following this simple little guide. Even if you have the Samsung 355,451 or 401, upgrading to the Nokia E71 or 6790 might be worthwhile.
Want to Save Money on a Straight Talk Smartphone? Find a Gently Used Straight Talk Prepaid Smartphone.
If you have an existing phone with Straight Talk, upgrading is quite easy. There are no fees associated with it but you do need to be careful when and how you go about upgrading.
Easy to Follow Straight Talk Upgrade Guide
- Cancel your Auto Pay plan if you are enrolled. Don’t worry, you can enroll later. This will save you some cash because if you don’t cancel will double pay for the current month if you buy the Straight Talk E71/6790 Online.
- If you do not have the Auto Pay plan, wait until the last 2 weeks of your current refill. Again, this will save you a little bit of cash so you get your new phone and refill right as your current one is ending. Do not buy the phone/refill combo at the beginning of the month and activate it right away because you will loose your existing refill.
- Once you receive your new phone, go to the Straight Talk Website and select “Transfer my service and phone number from one Straight Talk phone to another.”
- You will now be prompted to login to your Straight Talk account. Register your phone if you have not done so previously.
- Once you have logged in, enter your new ESN, give it a nickname if you’d like and select your existing Straight Talk phone.
That’s it, you are done!
If you currently have a CDMA phone, then it may take a little longer but probably not longer than 24-48 hrs. Straight Talk CDMA phones are Samsung R335C, LG220C, LG100C, LG231C, LG290C, Samsung R451C and Samsung R355C.
Comments are closed.